Election Year

I know what you are thinking.  November 2012. U.S.  Presidential Election.  Right?

Wrong.  It's the Homies 2012!  And, thanks to my good friend Wes, Cocoa and Lavender has been nominated for - count them! - TWO Homie awards. One for Best Recipe Blog and another for Best Food Photography on a Blog.

Like many of you, I watched the Academy Awards on Sunday night.  And, as the nominees entered the theater on the Red Carpet, I listened to the actors saying that they didn't care if they won or not - it was just such an honor to be nominated.  I get that now.  I really do.  To know that one person out there believes my work as a blogger and a photographer is worth nominating means the world to me.  Of course, it would mean a lot if you went online and gave me a nod, too.  (You will need to register and sign in to cast a vote...)

Check out the Homies by clicking these two links:

Best Recipe Blog
Best Food Photography on a Blog

Thanks for all the support you have given to Cocoa and Lavender for these two years.  It is so much fun to write, cook, and photograph for you!

~ David

(Coming Saturday: Mulligatawny Soup!)







Labels: ,